Stay Independent provides research-based nutrition and wellness information intended to help adults age 60 and older reduce their nutritional risk through lifestyle changes. The program includes four lessons designed to meet the needs of older adults: Three Meals a Day, Feast on Fruits and Vegetables, Power Up with Protein and Exercise Your Independence.
- Provide community-residing older adults with research-based nutrition and wellness information
- Intended to change lifestyle changes
- Learn about the health benefits of eating well and moving more
- Sample healthy, tasty and low-cost recipes
- Exchange ideas with peers to help meeting health goals
Community residing adults age 60 and older
4 sessions (deliver over course of four weeks)
Free. If taste testing is included, you may charge a nominal fee to cover necessary expenses.
Projector or computer for presenting PowerPoint slides; Cooking utensils and other appliances for showing the preparation of food; paper questionnaire; paper evaluations.
Want to Know More?
You can learn more about Stay Independent at this site.
If you are interested in learning more about the program, please contact Sarah Francis, Iowa State University, at email@example.com or 515-294-1456.