Be Heart Smart (BHS) is a program for individuals who want to learn more about preventing heart disease by making heart-healthy lifestyle changes. This program will teach participants how to monitor risk factors for heart disease and how to make simple changes to their daily routine that can improve their heart health. This program, comprised of four lessons, is to be delivered over the course of 4 weeks.
- Identify health problems that can result from poor heart health
- Calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Identify the normal range for blood pressure readings
- Identify the normal levels of good, bad, and total cholesterol
- Describe healthy cooking substitutions using the DASH Eating Plan
- List three heart-healthy benefits to lowering your stress
Adults that are concerned about heart disease.
This program is a series of 4 sessions.
Contact Stephanie Woodcox at Purdue Extension, email@example.com.
Materials and supplies for cooking demonstrations.
Want to Know More?
Information about the program and a success story with video can be found at this site.
If you are interested in learning more about the program, please contact Stephanie Woodcox, Purdue University, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-494-8253.