This lesson explains how memory works, why it sometimes doesn’t, and what we can do about it.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand how memory works.
- Describe the three types of memory and associated changes with age.
- Understand the different types of health factors that impact memory, which may be reversible.
- Increase awareness/knowledge of specific lifestyle behaviors that can protect memory.
- Learn practical strategies they can use at home to improve memory.
- Recognize signs of a serious memory problem needing medical attention.
Adults 50 and older, but others can benefit
30-55 minutes. One time program.
Computer, projector, screen for PowerPoint slides
If you are interested in learning more about the program, please contact Jane Strommen, North Dakota State University, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-231-5948.