Powerful Tools for Caregivers is a class series designed to help family caregivers take better care of themselves while caring for a family member or friend.
Data from class participant evaluations indicate the PTC program improves:
- Self-Care Behaviors: (increased exercise, use of relaxation techniques and medical check-ups)
- Management of Emotions: (reduced guilt, anger, and depression.)
- Self-efficacy (increased confidence in coping with caregiving demands.)
- Use of Community Resources: (increased utilization of community services.)
One session per week for 6 weeks
Varies across states.
Want to Know More?
The Powerful Tools for Caregivers site is located at this link. Powerful Tools for Caregivers offers a video that describes the program, its class content, and how to become a class leader at this site. You can also view a video that showcases the Powerful Tools for Caregivers caregiver class experience at this site.
Powerful Tools for Caregivers is offered at many Universities across the North Central Region. Below is a list of contacts at Universities in which A Matter of Balance is offered:
- Iowa State University: Kristi Cooper, firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-377-9839 ext. 315.
- Kansas State University: Erin Yelland, email@example.com or 785-532-1905.
- Michigan State University: Cheryl Eschbach, firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-353-1898.
- North Dakota State University: Jane Strommen, email@example.com or 701-231-5948.
- University of Missouri: Jacquelyn Benson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-882-4399.
- Wisconsin (Wisconsin Institute for Healthy Aging): Sue Pleskac, email@example.com.